Thank you for choosing to spend your time volunteering with us. We welcome volunteers from the community to become involved in a number of ways. We can use volunteers in the classrooms, after school, in our adult programs, or we can work with small or large groups to conduct one-time projects to benefit our students and families.
Step One: In-Person and/or Online Volunteers!
- All volunteers (in-person and/or online) must complete the DPS Volunteer Background Check through Sterling Volunteers (our background screening partner). Please be rest assured that your information is safe. All data is encrypted and is stored in a completely secure environment.
- The volunteer background check is FREE to you!
- To start your background check order, you must first create your account by completing the box on the right hand side found here, then login to your account and order your background check. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete and your result will be sent to us in a few days. If you are experiencing difficulties submitting your application, please contact Sterling Volunteers at 1-855-326-1860. CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT NOW!
Step Two – In-Person Volunteer Guidelines for 2021/2022 School Year: Due to COVID-19 virus, volunteers who are interested in volunteering in-person, must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or exemptions for medical or religious reasons, submitted to Akudo Nwokeukwu @email@example.com (once your background check result and vaccination record are received, you will be assigned a class). Please Note: For the purposes of this guidance, people are considered fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or ≥2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen).
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Maintain physical distance.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Notify your classroom teacher and Ms. Nwokeukwu immediately and quarantine following state guidelines upon exposure to someone who tests positive for the virus.
Please know that you are highly appreciated and your dedication is valued by our entire PBA community.
We look forward to seeing you in the building very soon. For questions please feel free to reach out to Ms. Akudo Nwokeukwu, at 720-2420965 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.