Welcome to our incredible and unique school! Over 1,000 of Denver’s brightest students in grades ECE-8 fill our classrooms hallways every day, contributing to an environment of learning and cultural celebration
More than 60 different languages and over 40 different countries from around the world are represented in our student body, and our school stands behind a foundation of acceptance and inclusiveness. In order to address the unique needs of our newly arriving refugee and immigrant students, Place Bridge Academy has “Newcomer Centers” alongside our mainstream classrooms in grades K-6 to provide concentrated English language development.
Other highlights of our school include:
– Approximately 140 dedicated and caring teachers and staff members
– State-of-the-art Denver Health School-Based Clinic
– Arts programs for all students, including vocal and instrumental music, drama, and visual and digital arts
– After school enrichment activities, including intramural sports, BRIDGES, Fit Fun, and tutoring
– A Parent Welcome Center, offering English classes, computer classes, employment help, and other resources for parents and other adult community members
– Focused college and career readiness programs
– Native Language Tutors, who assist teachers in the classrooms and help communicate with students and parents who are still learning English.
– An annual International Night celebration, bringing together our entire community to eat, sing, dance, and celebrate all of our represented cultures
Belief Statements and Touchstone
At Place, we stand by each other to create a caring community of life-long learners. We are building bridges for success into the future.
All students can learn.
- Learning should be enjoyable and meaningful.
- English Language Development is essential for all students in order to obtain academic achievement.
- All individuals will develop responsibility for their learning and behavior.
- High expectations challenge all to reach personal excellence.
- All individuals have the right to be physically and emotionally safe.
- Parental and community involvement directly impact the student’s education.
- All individuals can resolve conflicts in appropriate ways.
Monday through Thursday Schedule
Students arrive 8:15-8:45am
8:55-4:00: Academic classes
4:15: Bus departure
8:55 to 1:00: academic classes
1:00: Early release
1:15: Bus departure